Two workers of a garment factory suffered serious burn injuries in a fire broke out from mosquito coil in Khanpara area of Tongi early Tuesday.
The injured were identified as Jahirul Islam, 24, son of Jabed, hailing from Sherpur district and Din Islam, 25, son of Shahjahan Mandal, hailing from Tangail district, workers of Hope Lane Garments factory, UNB reports.
Bacchu Miah, sub-inspector of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) police outpost in-charge, said that the fire broke out at the victim’s room at 3:30 am from coil.
Hearing screaming, locals rushed in, rescued them and sent to DMCH.
The SI also added that Jahirul received 90 percent injuries while Din 50 percent injuries.